Sapporo JR Station, undoubtedly the busiest train station in Hokkaido.
Train station serves as an interchange for numerous lines. Express train services have been established to ferry passengers to various parts of Hokkaido from Sapporo JR Station, in the fastest possible time.
- Rapid Airport to New Chitose Airport, nearest airport to Sapporo
- Super Soya & Sarobetsu to Wakkanai
- Super Hokuto & Hokuto to Noboribetsu, Lake Toya and Hakodate
- Asahiyama Zoo Train and Super Kamui to Asahikawa
- Super Ozora and Super Tokachi to Kushiro and Obihiro, respectively
- Okhotsk to Abashiri
Two gates are located on east and west side of train station.
(1) Sapporo subway station, for both Namboku (green) and Toho (blue) lines.
(2) Shopping malls: Daimaru, ESTA (Bic Camera, Uniqlo and Sapporo Ramen Republic), Stellar Place and Paseo.
- T38, observatory located on the 38th floor of JR Tower.
- Hokkaido University, about 5 mins walk from north exit of train station.
- Former Hokkaido Government Building, about 5 mins walk from south exit of train station.
(4) Numerous hotels to choose from.
- Jul 12: stayed in Chisun Hotel Sapporo, about 6 mins walk from south exit of train station.
- Feb 13: stayed in Best Western Fino Sapporo, about 5 mins walk from north exit of train station.
(5) Hokkaido-Sapporo Food & Tourism Information Centre, located outside west gate.
- Collect brochures and discount vouchers for various tourist attractions in Hokkaido.
- Seek help/advice from English & Mandarin speaking staff at the information counters.
- Purchase Hokkaido products and souvenirs.
(6) Kiosk, located outside west gate.
- Sells Hokkaido products and souvenirs as well.
- Purchase merchandise from Farm Tomita.
|Kyun Chan - Mascot for Hokkaido Tourism Campaign|
Sapporo-Otaru Welcome Pass
Price = 1,500 yen
Exclusively for foreigners, this pass can be purchased from the following places:
- JR Information Desk (JR Sapporo Station West Exit)
- JR Hokkaido Visitors Information Desk (New Chitose Airport Station)
- JR Travel Service Center (Twinkle Plaza) Sapporo Branch (JR Sapporo Station)
- JR Travel Service Center (Twinkle Plaza) South Exit Branch (Sapporo Stellar Place 1F)
(1) Subway ticket entitled to 1 day unlimited rides on Sapporo City Subway (does not include electric tram).
(2) JR ticket entitled to 1 day unlimited rides on railway section between Otaru and Sapporo.
(1) Passport to be shown at the time of purchase.
(2) Decide which day the JR ticket will be used, as this information will be asked for during ticket purchase.
(3) Two tickets can be used on separate days (do not need to be consecutive days as well). Therefore, for two days stay in Sapporo, one day can be spent visiting attractions located within Sapporo city and the other day can be dedicated to Otaru.
- Subway ticket usage
- Sapporo > Odori - Visit Sapporo TV Tower and Clock Tower; fare = 200 yen
- Odori > Miyanosawa - Visit Shiroi Koibito Park; fare = 280 yen
- Miyanosawa > Sapporo; fare = 280 yen
- Round trip from Sapporo to Otaru; fare = 620 yen x 2 = 1,240 yen
Total fare = 2,000 yen
Sapporo-Otaru Welcome Pass = 1,500 yen
Savings = 500 yen
More information on Sapporo-Otaru Welcome Pass: http://www2.jrhokkaido.co.jp/global/english/railpass/welcome.html