Booked through Agoda.sg.
- Booked a double room, inclusive of breakfast. Approx 300 SGD.
- Small space but simplistic and stylish design/layout, usage of neutral colours created a cosy atmosphere.
- Breakfast served in Natural Dining Restaurant & Bar. Choice of Western or Japanese set - tried both and were equally sumptuous and tasty. Apart from free flow of coffee, tea and orange juice, you get to choose between fruit/vege juice and Furano milk (I had milk for three consecutive days!). Not forgetting to mention the free flow of tasty bread made by the kitchen, which we had several helpings during breakfast.
- Highly recommended if you want to make use of public transport (trains, buses and taxis) to visit nearby attractions, especially during summer. During winter, Natulux is of a less popular choice. Most visitors will choose accommodation (e.g. New Furano Prince Hotel, Naturwald Hotel, Hotel Bells Hill, etc) in Kitanomine area (北の峰) as most skiing/winter activities take place there. Kitanomine area is about 10 - 15 minutes bus/taxi ride away from Furano JR Station.
- Great hospitality and service left a deep impression on me. Hotel also employs part-time Mandarin speaking staff, catering to the influx of visitors from Taiwan and Hong Kong.
Recognition: Rated 1 star in Michelin Guide Hokkaido 2012.
(1) Furano JR Station (T30), a stone throw away.
(2) Tourist Information Centre, located outside Furano JR Station.
Visit this place to gather info and discount vouchers/coupons to attractions in Furano and Biei, purchase Kururu bus passes and arrange sightseeing taxis.
(3) Bus Terminal, outside Furano JR Station.
Lavender-go buses to/fro Asahikawa Airport, Twinkle Bus, Kururu Bus, buses to attractions such as Furano Grape Juice and Winery and Farm Tomita.
(4) Supermarket, located just behind the hotel.
Opening hours: 1000 - 1900 hrs
View Larger Map
(5) Within walking distance to Furano Marche (a small shopping complex comprises of shops selling locally grown agricultural products, souvenirs and cafe) and Hokkaido geographical center marker in Furano Elementary School.
(6) Famous eateries/restaurants featured in guide books/travelogue:
- Yuigadoxon (唯我独尊): well-known for their omu curry rice and homemade sausages.
- Kumagera: well-known for their raw beef rice and Bandit's hot pot.
Furano Natulux Hotel
Furano City, Furano
View Larger Map